Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Long weekends

Widget Co. gave us President's Day off work. Hooray! A three-day weekend! Celebrate!

But wait. Why are we celebrating three-day weekends as "long" weekends? Who decided that a regular weekend should only be two days? I feel I could be much more productive with a 4 day work week and a 3 day weekend. Seriously -- who decided this?? Yeah, yeah, I hear what you're saying. Work weeks used to be six days. So? It's time for another change. Lots of companies are going to 9/80s (ever other Friday off) or 4/10s (every Friday off). Why isn't that the norm? Norms need to progress, change. Otherwise, men would still be wearing tricorn hats and women would still wear long dresses with high collars, even in 95 degree heat. That would suck. Two day weekends suck.

It's time to move forward. Time to move to the three-day weekend. Four day weekends every couple of months will now be our standard "long" weekends. Stand up and say "no more." Right now. Stand up. Yes, you. Stand up and say it with me: "No More Mondays!!!"

4 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Hysterical.

It's funny that we have the worldwide reputation of being "lazy Americans," when, in fact, Americans log in the most work hours (or one of the most) in the world!

BikerPuppy said...

Yup. Last survey I saw said we were second only to Japan.

Cathy said...

I already have a four-day work week. I work Friday through Monday, which means my Mondays are actually my Fridays.

GoBucks! said...

I have been saying this for years! Saturday is my day to recuperate, and then Sunday I'm getting ready to go back to work (mentally, anyway). I would gladly work four 10-hour days per week if I could have a three day weekend!